Eating healthy food has loads of benefits. When a person consumes a healthy diet that includes all the food groups it can eventually help him to improve the intake of essential vitamins. There is no issue in eating daily according to certain diet plans but the main aim is to consume all essential nutrients.
The following article will help you to look at some of the healthiest foods to include in your daily diet. It will help you know some of its benefits and a few tips to consume them
We all need protein for our daily growth and improvement. It is made up of amino acids commonly known as building blocks. It is also considered a ‘macronutrient’. It is a vital building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, hair and nails. It plays an essential role in regulating hormones, especially during the development of cells during puberty. Protein keeps us full for a longer time which means that you don’t feel the urge to eat every now and then. In fact, it has a benefit to losing weight while charging our cells with the right nutrients they need. You can include some healthy protein-rich food such as :
• 1 Small Chicken breast/ 1 egg.
• 1 Soybean patty.
• 1 cup of lentil soup.
• A small cup of tofu (cottage cheese made of soy milk)
2. COLOURFUL FRUITS AND VEGETABLES:
Reading the above heading you might be wondering what is the connection between colourful food and a healthy diet. That’s because different colours have different benefits :
• Red fruits and vegetables like strawberries, and tomatoes are power-packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium and Rich Antioxidants.
• Green fruits and veggies help to maintain vision health and strong bones. Leafy veggies have the highest amount of potassium, fibre and antioxidants.
• Blue/Purple fruits and veggies such as blueberries, cranberries, grapes, and eggplant boost memory function and promotes healthy ageing
• White fruits and vegetables like mushrooms, bananas, and onions are beneficial for the heart and control cholesterol levels.
A few tips that one must remember while consuming fruits and vegetables:
• Don’t dip them in heavy sauces, toppings or dips.
• Pick the ones which are rich in fibre and not starchy.
• Avoid using a lot of oil instead of steam or grill.
• Do not consume canned fruits that are packed in sugar syrup.
3. CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES:
The term Cruciferous might sound a bit complex but it simply means the vegetables which contain sulphurous compounds called Glucosinolates. It has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects. These vegetables are a rich source of fibre and many essential vitamins and minerals. Here is a list of a few cruciferous vegetables that you may aim to eat every day :
• Broccoli sprouts
4. NUTS AND SEEDS:
According to experts eating nuts and seeds has proved beneficial for health. These are good sources of protein, healthy fats, fibres, vitamins and minerals. They contain unsaturated fats and other nutrients that provide protective effects against heart disease. They also help in regulating body weight as their fats are not fully absorbed by our body instead, they help to burn energy. They also help in reducing the risk of diabetes and coronary disease.
How to include nuts and seeds in your diet?
• Instead of munching cookies, biscuits or pieces of cake, have a handful of raw or roasted nuts.
• You may eat them with Vitamin C rich foods.
• Carry a small container full of mixed seeds and nuts like pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, almonds, raisins, walnuts etc. along with you to eat while you work.
Berries contain fibre, which keeps you fuller and reduces appetite. They are low in calories yet rich in taste as well as vitamins and minerals. They help in reducing inflammation and decrease the risk of heart disease. They are high in antioxidants which help in decreasing wrinkles and other signs of skin ageing related to sun exposure. The best part is that it can be enjoyed on most diets as they are low in calories and carbs and are readily available fresh. Berries taste great and are highly nutritious and provide many health benefits
By including these food items in your diet on daily basis you can actually improve your overall health in an enjoyable way instead of being strict on yourselves.
For Membership Enquiry Click Here
In House Blogger Team
The in-house blogger team at Plus Fitness India is very dedicated in their content writing & has always believed in delivering quality content to its members & audience, helping them stay connected with the brand & always keeping them up to the current market trend.
Register for regular updates, blogs and Plus Fitness news